by contentment, supreme joy is gained

contentment means just to be as we are without going to outside things for our happiness

Monday, October 1, 2012

a year and a half later

a year and a half after starting yoga, i can honestly say it's changed my life and perspective.  i used it last february to recover from a break up.  and i'm still using  it to find my inner peace and balance.

i am whole.  i have to learn to accept that and more than believe, i need to integrate it into everything i am.

i would like to begin practicing the invocations in my practices.  i would enjoy that now, i think.  i want to explore the truths behind the poses i now know so well.

as for my blog, i don't know the direction i want to take it.  perhaps a pose a week and how i got there, how i struggle and how i plan to overcome?

after all, it's been a struggle with my various injuries.  sprained ankle, hyperextended knee, bum shoulder and now i think the extra weight in my hips is pinching nerves.  either that or i pinched  a nerve all on my lonesome courtesy of my practice.

what can i say, i can't help it.  i love learning more. i love challenging myself.  i love seeing where i can go next in my practice.  it invigorates me like absolutely nothing else.

so, now, let's see where this goes.  amidst my mcat studying.  i refuse to give yoga up --the only time i shut my brain off and disconnect from my real world and focus on nothing, and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment